NOURISH WEEKEND: Women's Retreat ***SOLD OUT***
Time & Location
About the event
Join us in the magical hills of Balingup to get offline and nourish your body, mind and soul during a holistic weekend of yoga, mindfulness, healing treatments and more.
Immerse yourself in nature during your stay at Origins Retreat Centre, a hidden gem in the South West, surrounded by natural forest, streams and beautiful gardens, that’s been supporting mindfulness, ecology, the arts and community for more than 40 years.
Melinda and Mars
Your facilitators are Melinda and Mars, friends for 20 years and whose life journeys have reconnected after many years of travel and study. Melinda is a kinesiologist, mindfulness teacher and caretaker at Origins. Mars is a yoga teacher and massage therapist based in Bunbury.
Origins was a place that these women visited regularly together during their twenties to seek inspiration, self inquiry and nature. After all these years, they're honoured to be coming together at Origins to share their gifts and experience with you.
You’ll be guided through nourishing dynamic and restorative daily yoga practices, as well as mindfulness, simple massage, mantra singing and a women’s circle; all designed to help you to reconnect with yourself and celebrate life with like-hearted women. Gather tools to help you live an energised and engaged life, and learn how to tune into your inner knowingness and divine feminine wisdom. Our offerings suit all levels, so everyone is welcome.
Melinda and Mars will be sharing healing treatments in Kinesiology, Intuitive Oil Massage and Thai Yoga Massage during one-on-one sessions. Treatment prices range from $100 for 75 mins to $120 for 90 mins. There will be limited appointments available on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Pre-book your treatments for a 10% discount - $90 for 75 mins or $108 for 90 mins.
:: Kinesiology with Melinda ::
Transformative life affirming Kinesiology sessions which focus on the person in their entirety and regard body, mind and spirit as fundamentally connected.
Kinesiology is a system of natural healthcare which holistically works on the broad human condition. Some of the things Kinesiology helps treat are: stress/anxiety, trauma, nutritional and hormonal imbalances, physical pain, learning difficulties & memory, relationships, goal setting, life empowerment and much more.
The goal of each nourishing and deeply relaxing session is to clear stress and imbalances, reconnecting and empowering the client to access their body's own innate healing wisdom for meaningful, long-lasting change.
Kinesiology combines Western physiological techniques and Eastern wisdom philosophies to promote healing using muscle monitoring to access where there's any stress or blocks in the system and what therapeutic tools to use to bring the body back into a harmonious state of healthy, blissful balance.
During these 75 minute or 90 minute sessions a variety of techniques are utilised such as: meridian and chakra therapy, acupressure, sound healing, flower essences, reiki, neurolymphatic massage, NLP, ESD holding points, just to name a few.
:: Intuitive Oil Massage with Mars ::
This full body oil massage is performed on a table, stimulating muscle tissue to relax and lengthen shortened or tightened muscle fibres. Mars works with a variety of techniques inspired by Ayurveda, Thai, Swedish, Deep Tissue massage, as well as energy work to offer a holistic treatment specific to your unique bodily aches and pains. Mars uses soothing organic oils that leave you feeling rejuvenated, pampered and nourished. It’s the perfect antidote to release muscular pain, stiffness and soreness, as well as detoxifying the body and improving circulation. The depth of touch is your choice whether it be gentle and relaxing or firm and energising. This can be a 75 minute or 90 minute treatment.
:: Thai Yoga Massage with Mars ::
This grounding and deeply healing full body clothed massage is performed on a futon as a meditative dance between you and Mars. The Meridian lines are systematically pressed and stimulated to release energetic blockages and facilitate the correct movement and placement of 'chi' in the body. Mars also applies dynamic movements, slow rhythmic rocking, passive assisted stretching and energy work. Thai Yoga Massage invites deeper opening in the joints, particularly the hips and the shoulders encouraging flexibility and mobility, a deep sense of well-being and contentment. After a Thai Yoga Massage the body feels light and energised, the spirit refuelled and the mind at ease. This is a 90 minute treatment.
Deep Rest in Nature
The schedule allows for plenty of quiet-time, so you can be with yourself and settle deeply into nature. Go hiking on the Bibbulmun Track, journal, read, create, nap, star gaze, meet new friends, get a treatment, visit Balingup town, bask in the sun or shade or cool off in gorgeous fresh water pools just a short drive away.
You’re invited to use this time to detox from the digital world, so please refrain from bringing unnecessary technology to the Centre. There is no wifi onsite.
Eating Well, Bring a Plate!
You’ll receive a healthy and abundant vegetarian welcome dinner on Friday night, as well as daily breakfast, tea and coffee, fresh fruit and a closing spread.
However, you’ll need to bring food for lunch on Saturday and Sunday, as well as dinner on Saturday night, and any snacks. Feel free to bring food just for yourself or to share.
Origins has a fully equipped kitchen for you to use, but you’re encouraged to bring pre prepared meals so you have more time to enjoy the space. Balingup town is only a few minutes drive away, if you want to get lunch at a local cafe.
At the time of booking, please let us know of any dietary requirements or allergies.
The Centre is drug and alcohol free.
Staying at Origins
Your stay at Origins invites you to get back to basics, living in harmony with nature (which means respecting a sustainable way of living), preparing meals together and being a part of a community of women interested in promoting healthy, healing change in the world.
Origins is not a 5 star retreat centre. It invites simple rustic living. The facilities are basic but clean, and water is considered gold. Mindful showers and compost toilets help the Centre reduce its water use.
There is a beautiful communal kitchen and living space for you to use and relax in with plenty of books, board games and musical instruments. The wooden Rotunda overlooking the forest is our sacred space for all of our group activities, which you are also invited to use during your free time.
Rooms at Origins
The Centre has nine basic but clean rooms, most with two single beds, as well as a few double beds and one room with bunk beds.
If you are coming on your own we will do our best to accommodate you in your own room, however if you are open to sharing with someone, please let us know during the time of booking, so we can open the retreat up to more wonderful women like yourself.
If you are coming with a friend, we encourage you to bunk up together.
Rooms with double beds will first be offered to women who prefer to stay on their own or to partners or friends who are happy to share a bed together.
Summer at Origins
Balingup summers can be very hot and dry. Please be sure to bring a water bottle and clothing that allows you to stay cool but also protects you from the sun, particularly if you plan to spend time on the Bibbulmun Track hiking or swimming down at the natural Greenbushes pool. Origins Centre is NOT air conditioned and if it is warm it is advised you bring a fan for your room.
Arriving and Departing
On Friday 19th February, you can arrive at Origins between 3pm and 6pm to settle in. We’ll host a welcome dinner at 7pm to get to know each other.
Please let us know if you will be arriving late. If you cannot make it on Friday night, please arrive by 8am on Saturday morning, as the programme starts at 9am.
The retreat ends at 5.30pm on Sunday 21st February after our women's circle and light refreshments.
What to Bring
You’ll need to bring along your own yoga mat and props, a pen and notebook, bedding (pillow and sleeping bag), toiletries, yoga clothes, comfortable clothes and shoes, a head torch, water bottle, bath towel, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a fan (if it’s hot).
You may also like to bring bathers, a beach towel, books, creative supplies, musical instruments etc. Try to pack light, as there is minimal storage space in the bedrooms.
Don’t forget this is not a fully catered retreat, and you will need to bring some meals.
Everyone entering Origins will be required to scan in with the SafeWA app or record their details manually.
Some basic rules to remember:
:: Do not come to the venue if you have any symptoms, are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, or if you have been instructed to quarantine for any reason – you will not be allowed in and you will be putting other people at risk
:: Please try to stay 1.5 metres away from people you don’t know.
:: Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided, often.
:: Remember, we’re one tribe and we all want to protect our community.
UNWAGED/FINANCIAL HARDSHIP EXCHANGE
Will You Join Us?
Email Melinda or Mars to join our first retreat together!!!
IMPORTANT: When emailing us, please let us know if you wish to come with a friend, and please 'cc' your friend into the email, so we can group you together.
Just by confirming "Going" here in the Facebook invite does not confirm your place.
We require a $100 non refundable deposit to reserve your spot, that will go towards your final bill.
You’ll then be required to pay the balance by Friday 5th February to confirm your place. If you don’t pay the balance by this date, your place will be forfeited and you will lose your $100 deposit. Get in touch if you are having difficulties paying by the due date, we are happy to work with you.
At the time of booking, please let us know if you would like to pre book a treatment, which can be paid for at the retreat in cash or card, along with any other additional treatments, products or donations.
Closer to the retreat, you’ll receive more information from us, including directions, the schedule and a weather update.
A Weekend not quite enough time?
If you’ve got the time, you’re invited to stay an extra night and book a healing treatment with Melinda or Mars, who’ll be available for additional treatments on Monday. An extra night at Origins is by dana (donation). You’ll be responsible for all meals.
More about Melinda
Melinda serves in the role of Kinesiologist, Mindfulness facilitator and caretaker at the beautiful Origins retreat and community centre in Balingup.
Melinda empowers people to reach their highest aspirations by supporting them to reconnect back to their healthy, creative, vibrant essential nature by offering comprehensive, supportive, integrative Kinesiology and Mindfulness sessions.
A firm believer of “be the change you want to see in the world” Melinda is dedicated to the path of transformation and self-mastery through regular daily practice as well as being in service to resident elder and Dharma teacher Chime Shore.
Some of the roles Melinda assists with at Origins Centre are building community both in-person and online through being a support person for workshops and retreats, curation of events and workshops, facilitating Mindfulness classes and helping with the day-to-day running of the centre.
During private 1:1 treatment sessions Melinda holds a space of compassion and non judgement assisting people by sharing gifts gleaned through both extensive study and life experience as she intuitively and insightfully weaves in aspects of Eastern wisdom teachings such as the Dharma, Tantra, Mindfulness and Western physiological science to allow people get to the root of what is hindering them from living a truly empowered, inspired, happy and well life.
Some testimonials from clients after sessions include:
*It changed my entire world *Helped with self confidence and a deeper sense of wellbeing *A hugely positive impact on my life *I felt more like my real self again *Healing & life affirming *Melinda’s like an existential detective and gets right to the root of the issue *A wonderful blissful experience
More about Mars
Bunbury born, Mars Gossi is a 500hr certified yoga teacher and massage therapist who’s happy to call Bunbury home again after many moons away. Her love affair with yoga began in 2007 as a student of the Ashtanga tradition. Since then she’s explored many lineages including vinyasa flow, hatha and yin, and has taught internationally for over seven years. Mars is a dedicated yoga student and travels regularly to India to further her studies.
As a teacher her intention is to create a space for individuals to explore safe, honest, joyful self-enquiry and transformation. For three years, Mars was a Resident Teacher and Massage Therapist at Vale de Moses Portugal, one of Europe’s most celebrated retreat centres. It was during this chapter in her life that Mars found her authentic voice as a teacher and facilitator.
Now back in Bunbury, Mars loves guiding students on this fabulous yoga journey whilst celebrating the yogic teachings, the intelligence of the body and the nature of mind. Yoga with Mars is inclusive, playful, generous, encouraging, nurturing, challenging, compassionate and delicious. You’ll be encouraged to explore your unique potential with grace, courage, strength and confidence.
As a Massage Therapist, Mars holds space for her clients to tune into their innate wisdom to heal. She believes that when mind, heart, and body are in balance, one can live a radiant and joyful life. Mars lets her intuitive and meditative touch guide her treatments. Mars offers intuitive oil massage based on Swedish, deep tissue and Ayurveda as well as Thai Yoga Massage.
If you have any questions we haven’t answered here, get in touch! You can DM us here on Facebook, or contact Melinda or Mars:
We look forward to spending a very special time with you!
In Love and Service,
Melinda and Mars xx
We wish to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land we are meeting on. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this region and recognise the strength, resilience and capacity of Noongar people in this land.
WAIVER RELEASE FORM AGREEMENT
By joining this retreat you accept and agree to the terms and provisions contained in the following agreement:
1. In consideration of participating the “Activity”, I agree and acknowledge that I am fully aware that participation in the Activity involve risks and I accept all the risks of participating, even if the risks are created by the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party (as defined below) or anyone else.
2. “Claims” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury or death in connection with participation in the Activity. “Released Party” means Nourish Women's Weekend Retreat or any of its affiliates, franchisees and their respective representatives, directors, officers, agents, employees or volunteer staff.
3. I agree and acknowledge that: a. I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity, and am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in physical injury, serious physical injury or death. b. I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured. c. I am aware that if the Activity occurs outdoors, the streets adjourning the area of the Activity are open to regular vehicular traffic during the Activity and I will obey all traffic laws and regulations. d. I agree that I can swim at least a distance of 50m meters in ocean, rivers or lakes.
4. I accept full responsibility for any product or technology loaned to me as part of participation in this Activity and commit to return the same in good working order.
5. I hereby, for myself and for my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, fully release, waive and forever discharge any and all rights or Claims I may have, now or in the future, against any Released Party, even if the Claims are based on the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, I further release any recourses which I may now or hereafter have resulting from any decision of any Released Party.
6. I agree not to sue any Released Party for Claims, even if the Claims arise from the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify (reimburse for any loss) and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability (including any reasonable legal fees they may incur) defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
7. I am aware that there is no obligation for any person to provide me with medical care during the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that: a. There may be no aid stations available for the Activity. b. If medical care is rendered to me, I consent to that care if I am unable to give my consent for any reason at the time the care is rendered.
8. I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the Activity. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice.
9. I grant my permission to the Released Party and any transferee or licensee or any of them, to utilize any photographs, motion pictures, videotapes, recordings and other references or records of the Activity which may depict, record or refer to me for any purpose (“Likeness”), including commercial use by the released parties, their sponsors and their licensees. This permission is for use anywhere in the world and on the Internet and for an unlimited period of time. I understand and agree that I will not be compensated or receive additional consideration for consenting to the use of my Likeness and that I will not be given a chance to receive, inspect or approve the promotional or marketing material, messages and/or content that may use my Likeness.
10. No warranties or representations have been made to me about the Activity which are not stated on this form. I understand and intend that this document act as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, release of liability, agreement not to sue and indemnity.
11. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
12. I have fully read and understand this agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am waiving certain legal rights I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Released Party.
13. I hereby acknowledge that I may be required to use an automobile to travel to and from the Activity or as part of the Activity. I hereby acknowledge that I have the authority to use such automobile and that the automobile is fully insured for use in the Activity. I accept full responsibility for the automobile and that use of the automobile in the Activity will be at my own risk. I also understand that; All payments are non-refundable or transferrable for any reason, including, but not limited to vacation, illness and injury. The scheduling and content of activities may be changed on occasion. I will notify instructors immediately of any pain and/or major discomfort felt during any activity. I am responsible for bringing my required equipment to every activity (where applicable). If I am pregnant or plan to become pregnant during course of the Activity, I will submit a ParMED-X for Pregnancy, a guideline for health screening prior to participation in a yoga class.